Wednesday 8 May 2013

Chocolate Coconut Pudding

Chocolate Coconut Pudding
Yes, another coconut post. What can I do, I am Coconut Crumpet and therefore must live up to my name.


The summer temperatures continue to prevail where I live and the craving for cold treats occurs frequently throughout the day. To the point where I don't have much interest in eating dinner as it usually consists of very hot foods like soup and steaming rice. 

After school, my stomach is growling and I usually end up eating my biggest meal. Some days I'm naughty eat a few too many Snap Pea Crisps and peanuts, but today I decided to put some effort into making a snack. 

Before I left for band class this morning, I asked my father to help me crack open a coconut ahead of time so I would be able to access the innards when I arrived home. Today's coconut was opened very beautifully; I assume he got enough practice from the previous ones earlier this week. It's a bit of a tedious process carefully spooning out the coconut water and then scrapping the meat out. But trust me, your efforts will not go to waste. 


Preparing for Chocolate Coconut Pudding
This is a very refreshing treat, also quick to whip up! My brother and mom approved of the flavour as well. However I own a whimpy decade-old blender so my pudding did not come out as smooth and luscious as if it had been made in say, a Vitamix. (I envy my two fellow crumpets who own one of those.) There are endless ideas than can change up the recipe from chocolate to other flavours. Try adding some frozen berries or other fruit and see what you can create. Or maybe some nut butters... This pudding is as versatile as smoothies, just a bit thicker. 

Chocolate Coconut Pudding
Slightly Adapted from Detoxinista 
Yield: 1 big serving

Ingredients
  • Meat from 1 young coconut
  • ¼ cup fresh coconut water
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch of fine sea salt
  • 4-5 large ice cubes
  • Coconut milk
  • Chocolate condensed milk
  • Frozen raspberries
Directions
  1. Combine the coconut meat, coconut water, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, sweetener and ice cubes into a blender container, and blend until very smooth and creamy.
  2. Adjust sweetness to taste, and top with a drizzle of coconut milk, chocolate condensed milk and a few frozen raspberries. Serve immediately!
Love from Coconut Crumpet's Corner ♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment