Saturday 9 March 2013

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies


Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
This is probably the first recipe I have ever 'perfected'. Years ago I had a Costco-sized bag of Craisins to deal with, so I started by searching out a cookie recipe on the internet. With just a bowl, spoon, fork, measures, and basic ingredients, this quickly became a staple snack at my home. Funny enough, I soon discovered that recipe was on the package of the craisins the entire time! Being a bit of a health nut, I try to 'Rachel-ify' every recipe I deem as 'unhealthy'.  

There was a period of time where I'd make at least 3 batches of these cookies per week since my dad and brother would eat 3 in a row. They have been sold at bake sales, given away as Christmas presents, and surprise treats for friends. Sometimes, I call them my 'bear poop cookies'; bears eat berries, and these cookies are chunky. Ok sorry, I shouldn't ruin  your appetite...

These cookies are soft, chewy, healthy, quick, and impress every time.Give this cookie your own flair by changing up the mix-ins!


Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Oceanspray
Yield: 12

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
  • ¼ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ cup oats
  • ¾ cup flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • ⅔ cup mix ins (I used dried cranberries and chocolate chips)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the egg and mix well.
  4. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  
  5. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
  6. Fold in mix-ins.
  7. Drop by mounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. 
Love from Coconut Crumpet's Corner ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment